Whether you are a developer or a tech lover who is impatient when it comes to software updates, this guide to install preview for developers is for you! This guide will help you to install pre released version of your Windows Phone software. These are official updates from Microsoft. They are released for the windows application developers but, you as a normal user can install these updates but at your own risk! Honestly, I have installed preview for developers on a lot of Windows Phones and there was no problem.
Pre requisites to install Preview for Developers
- You need to have a Microsoft Developer Account or App Studio Account.
- Make sure you have the latest software version running on your device.
- Make sure your phone is charged or keep it plugged in
Things to Note
- Microsoft releases only the Software update and not the OEM drivers/firmware.
- Nobody except you is responsible for any damage that is done to your device.
- Install at your own risk.
- You have to agree to additional terms and conditions.
- You CANNOT revert back to the original OS after installing this.
Steps to install Preview for Developers
Step 1.1: Sign in to your App Studio Account.
Step 1.2: Click on Start a New Project
Step 1.3: You will be asked to login with your Microsoft account.
Step 1.4: Complete the steps followed on the screen.
Step 1.5: Choose any project as it doesn’t matter. We are going to do this just once.
Step 2: Go to the App Store and download preview for developers.
Step 3: Launch the application.
Step 4: Accept the Terms and Conditions.
Step 5: Sign in using your Microsoft account.
Step 6: Check the ‘Enable Preview For Developers’ and click on done.
Step 7: Now go to Settings -> phone update.
Step 8: Tap on check for updates. Make sure you are connected on Wifi as it may use a lot of data.
Step 9: You will be prompted to install a critical update. Tap on the install option.
Step 10: It is going to take some time. It’s time to grab a coffee or beer and let the update do it’s thing.
Step 11: Voila! Update Successful. Welcome to the future.
So, this is how to install preview for developers on a windows phone. Let us know how it goes. If you have any problems installing preview for developers, let us know in the comments section below.